How You Should Study
We believe in the Listening First method. Find out more about it here. Learn how to study English on englishlistening.com
- In the Explore section, use the boxes to filter passages
- Click on Passage that interests you
- Click on the Play button below the speakers picture
- Just listen
Listen to anything you like.
The Passage Selection Page
When you choose a recording, you are taken to the Passage Summary page for that recording. Here you will see the name of the passage, a short description of the speaker, a summary of the recording (which can be accessed by using the +), and statistics about the passage and speaker. To listen, click the audio button below the speaker's image.
When You Listen
Just relax, try to understand, and enjoy. You can pause: go back, go forward, or play it again.
The Listening Page
Listen to many different passages. Choose different speakers, different accents, and different topics. Just try to understand what the speakers are saying. That's all!
If you think a passage is too difficult, try listening to it again. Or read the transcript. If you don't understand, don't worry. Just choose a different passage.
There are two things you must do:
- Listen to lots of different passages, remember to relax, and just enjoy listening
- Try to understand what the speaker is saying
To Help You Study
- A2 - Easy
- B1- Intermediate
- B2 - Advanced
- C1 - Expert
- C2 - Master
- Arts, Travel and Leisure
- History, Politics and Social Issues
- Lifestyle and Customs
- Math and Science
- Philosophy and Religion
After listening, you have a number of choices. You can:
- Listen again
- Take the test
- Read the written transcript
- Choose another passage
If You Don't Understand
Try any of the following:
- Listen again
- Read the written transcript-the speaker's words
- Read the questions, and take the test
The Secret of Success
It takes a lot of time and hard work to learn a language. We try to make listening interesting. But to be successful you must:
Study hard, but enjoy it. This is the secret to success.
Become an Active Listener!