Why Study Listening
There are two main reasons to study listening comprehension:
- To become a good listener
- To develop good English
Learning to Listen
Listening requires special skills:
- You need to know the sound system.
- You need to understand intonation and tone of voice.
- You need to understand different ways people say things.
- You need to know words only used in speech.
- You need to know spoken grammar.
You learn these by listening.
But most of all, you need to learn to understand people speaking quickly.